The Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II SoundGrid Chassis with 32×32 Analog I/O is a SoundGrid-compatible audio interface designed to deliver flexible inputs and outputs and Ethernet connectivity to computers and SoundGrid devices for recording and mixing engineers in broadcast, post-production, studio, and live stage applications. The included I/O cards provide thirty-two channels of analog inputs and outputs via DB25 connectors. Additionally, S/PDIF jacks on each I/O card offer routing of stereo digital signals.
Its RJ45 port and BNC word clock I/O ensure simple hook-up of SoundGrid compatible devices, and the stereo 1/4″ headphone jack enables efficient and consistent monitoring with headphones of varied impedances. Ultra-low latency operation allows for A/D and D/A conversion without distracting delay. Connect a SoundGrid server (available separately) to record and mix with your SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins without taxing your computer’s CPU. Configure and control the Symphony via the free SoundGrid Studio app or utilize the color touchscreen display and large rotary control on the front panel.
Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II SoundGrid Chassis (No I/O Modules)
The Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II SoundGrid Chassis is a SoundGrid-compatible audio interface chassis designed to provide Ethernet connectivity to computers and SoundGrid devices for recording and mixing engineers in broadcast, post-production, studio, and live stage applications. It features an RJ45 port in the pre-installed SoundGrid option card and BNC word clock I/O. A stereo 1/4″ headphone jack enables quick and effective monitoring with a variety of headphone impedances.
Ultra-low latency ensures proper timing in signal conversion and routing, even when connected to your Waves SoundGrid server and recording with your SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins. Configure and control the chassis via the free SoundGrid Studio app or utilize the color touchscreen display and large rotary control on the front panel. Install multiple I/O cards (available separately) for up to thirty-two channels of analog inputs and outputs.
The Symphony I/O Mk II is made in the USA and ships with a power cable.
- Pre-installed SoundGrid option card allows Ethernet connectivity to your computer, a network switch, and/or SoundGrid-compatible devices
- Sync audio between multiple computers, DAWs, and rooms
- Ultra-low-latency performance
- Near-zero-latency recording with any SoundGrid-compatible plug-ins (requires SoundGrid server)
- Compatible with Waves SoundGrid servers
- Setup and advanced control via Waves SoundGrid Studio application
- Stereo 1/4″ headphone jack features Apogee’s proprietary Constant Current Drive for smooth frequency response with any headphones
- Easy-to-use color touchscreen display
- Large front-panel control for quick adjustment of selected parameter
- Supports multiple I/O cards for up to 32 channels of analog inputs and outputs
- BNC word clock I/O for synchronizing external equipment
- Designed in California, made in the USA
Apogee Electronics 16×16 Mk II Module – Analog Input/Output Module for Symphony I/O Mk II
The 16×16 Mk II Module from Apogee is a sixteen-channel analog input and sixteen-channel analog output module for the Symphony I/O Mk II. The module occupies one of the two slots available on the chassis. Additionally, two-channel coaxial S/PDIF input and output is also provided. The A/D circuit has been refined to offer a streamlined circuit design, resulting in the most transparent signal path to the A/D stage possible. A dual-sum A/D stage is utilized where two conversion stages are summed for each analog channel, offering the lowest distortion and the greatest dynamic range of any A/D converter Apogee has ever designed.
The D/A section has been optimized with a more powerful and robust output driver that is capable of driving virtually any input without a decrease in performance, regardless of the load presented by the connected gear. The analog inputs and outputs are offered on DB25 connectors and require optional breakout cables, available in various configurations to suit individual requirements.
- Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog module for the Symphony I/O Mk II system
- Sixteen channels of balanced analog input and sixteen channels of balanced analog output
- Two channels of coaxial S/PDIF input and output
- Ultra-low latency conversion
- Entire audio path is DC coupled, resulting in ultra flat frequency response and extremely low phase error