The Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II Dante / Pro Tools Audio Interface with 8×8 Analog I/O and 8×8 Digital I/O is an audio interface designed to deliver flexible inputs and outputs and premium audio quality for recording and mixing engineers using Dante audio networks and Pro Tools HD systems in broadcast, post-production, studio, and live stage applications. The included I/O card provides eight channels of analog inputs and outputs via DB25 connectors, eight channels of AES/EBU and optical digital I/O, and stereo S/PDIF.
Its two Dante ports and BNC wordclock I/O ensure simple connectivity with digital devices in a Dante network, and the Mini-DigiLink port and Loop Sync I/O allow compatibility with Pro Tools HD systems. With this Symphony I/O Mk II interface, you can efficiently route high-resolution multichannel audio between your Pro Tools session, Dante network, and Symphony I/O modules.
Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II Dante Chassis (No I/O Modules)
The Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Mk II Dante Chassis is an audio interface chassis designed to provide direct connectivity to Dante audio networks and Pro Tools HD systems for recording and mixing engineers in broadcast, post-production, studio, and live stage applications. It features primary and secondary Dante ports, a Mini-DigiLink port, BNC loop sync I/O, and BNC word clock I/O. A stereo 1/4″ headphone jack enables quick and effective monitoring with a variety of headphone impedances.
Configure and control the chassis via the color touchscreen display and large rotary control on the front panel, or enjoy comprehensive remote control of its settings by using Apogee’s Network Control software on your macOS or Windows 10 computer. Install multiple I/O cards (available separately) for up to thirty-two channels of analog inputs and outputs.The Symphony I/O Mk II is made in the USA and ships with a power cable.
- Ideal for powerful audio-over-IP applications in post production, broadcast, live sound, or recording studio networks
- Uses Audinate’s Dante Brooklyn II module, which features two Dante ports and plug-and-play media networking for up to 32 bidirectional channels at 96 kHz or 16 bidirectional channels at up to 192 kHz
- Pro Tools HD peripheral port allows Mini-DigiLink connectivity to your Pro Tools HDX, HD Native, or Core/Accel system for up to 32 bidirectional channels at up to 192 kHz (I/O modules available separately)
- Works seamlessly with any other Dante-powered devices
- High-fidelity DAC and headphone amplifier features Apogee’s proprietary Constant Current Drive for robust power and smooth frequency response with any headphones
- High-resolution color touchscreen TFT display provides access to essential input and output settings, and shows signal levels, polarity, muting, phantom power, and Soft Limit status
- Large front-panel control for quick adjustment of selected parameter
- Supports multiple I/O cards (available separately) for up to 32 channels of analog inputs and outputs
- Ultra-low latency
- BNC loop sync I/O for synchronizing multiple Pro Tools HD audio interfaces
- BNC wordclock I/O for synchronizing external equipment
- Enhanced temperature controls are complemented by an improved fan and chassis ventilation design, which allows adequate component cooling to occur quietly
- Supports standalone mode for setup and operation without a computer—use the Symphony I/O Mk II with a hi-fi system or as a dedicated AD-DA converter
- Designed in California, made in the USA
Apogee Electronics 8×8 Mk II Module – 16-Channel Analog and AES/Optical I/O Module for Symphony I/O Mk II
The 8×8 Mk II Module from Apogee is a 16-channel module for the Symphony I/O that allows for any combination of 8 x 8 analog input and output, and 8 x 8 AES/EBU or optical digital input and output. The module occupies one of the two slots available on the chassis. The A/D circuit has been refined to offer a streamlined circuit design, resulting in the most transparent signal path to the A/D stage possible. A dual-sum A/D stage is utilized where two conversion stages are summed for each analog channel, offering the lowest distortion and the greatest dynamic range of any A/D converter Apogee has ever designed.
The D/A section has been optimized with a more powerful and robust output driver that is capable of driving virtually any input without a decrease in performance, regardless of the load presented by the connected gear. The analog and AES inputs and outputs are offered on DB25 connectors and require optional breakout cables, available in various configurations to suit individual requirements.
- 8 x 8 channels of analog input/output with 8 x 8 channels of AES/EBU or optical digital input/output, available simultaneously up to a total of 16 channels
- Optical digital supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIF
- S/PDIF input and output up to 192 kHz on RCA coaxial that replaces two input channels and mirrors two output channels
- Ultra-low latency AD and DA conversion
- Rear-panel digital I/O hardware switch selects AES or optical digital I/O format