The Audio-Technica AT4060A cardioid vacuum tube condenser brings the warmth of vintage tube sound to every shade of the spectrum. With a dynamic range that exceeds other tube microphones, it captures the subtlest nuances of vocal and instrumental performance as well as guitar cabinets and other extreme SPL environments. Featuring hand-selected, individually tested and aged tubes, the AT4060A achieves the coveted, classic sound of valve design without compromising the specification standards required for the most demanding recording situations.
Audio-Technica AT4060A Features
- Vintage tube sound with the versatile performance necessary for the most demanding studio applications
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 19 dB
- Connector: XLR
Pattern and Type
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Switches: No
- Phantom power required: No
Size and Weight
- Diameter: 2.10 in.
- Length: 8.46 in.
- Weight: 22.6 oz.
- Case: Yes
- Clip: No
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: No
- Stand: No