Designed to complement any full-range PA loudspeaker and a perfect companion for the PreSonus AIR10, AIR12, and AIR15, the PreSonus AIR15s subwoofer delivers a powerful, clear, and accurate low-end punch. With its 15-inch low-frequency transducer, driven by 1,200 watts (dynamic) of Class D power, it provides detailed bottom end down to 35 Hz. Yet it is portable and suited for mobile applications, as well as installed systems.
Since each venue has unique acoustics and each application makes different demands on a sound system, PreSonus has equipped AIR-series subwoofers with easy-to-use controls and signal-processing presets. Set your subwoofers for normal front-of-house use or get an even bigger low end with the Mo’ Bass preset. Set them to perform in an array. Reverse polarity, use the low-pass filter to set a crossover frequency, adjust the master output level of the power amplifier, even turn the grille LED off for install applications or set it to illuminate only when the protection limiter is engaged—all at the touch of a button.
For Mobile or Install
Although it has a rugged, tour-grade birch enclosure, the PreSonus AIR15s is much more compact and lightweight than you’d expect from a subwoofer that can deliver this much power. With integrated provisions for the included caster kit, ground-stacking provisions, and ergonomic handles on both sides, it’s easy to transport for mobile applications, while offering the features and performance needed for demanding installs. The AIR15s sports two combo XLR and ¼” TRS line-level inputs with level control, and throughputs are provided to connect full-range systems or multiple subwoofers in larger systems. You can even defeat the front power-indicator LED for low-visibility installs.
AIR15s subwoofers can be used with virtually any full-range loudspeaker. Whatever full-range speaker you choose, aligning the subwoofer to its full-range companion will yield tighter bass response. AIR15s subwoofers make it easy, with a variable alignment delay that properly aligns your three-way system, whether the full-range loudspeaker is placed atop the subwoofer, using the sub pole, or is placed a few feet away. AIR-series subwoofers also are equipped with a variable lowpass filter that allows you to dial in the best crossover point for your system. Optimized settings are provided for the AIR10, AIR12, and AIR15 full-range loudspeakers.
PreSonus AIR15s Features
- 15-inch custom woofer with 3-inch voice coil
- 1,200W Class D power (dynamic)
- 35 Hz to 150 Hz frequency response
- 132 dB SPL (max)
- Stereo 1/8″ input
- Locate controls adjust performance for arrayed and non-arrayed applications:
- Normal – non-arrayed applications
- Cardioid – create a ground-stacked cardioid subwoofer array (using two of the same model subwoofer)
- Endfire – create an end-fire cardioid subwoofer array (using two of the same model subwoofer)
- Variable lowpass filter lets you dial in upper frequency limit
- Alignment delay up to 12m
- Polarity invert
- Defeatable front-panel LED for low-visibility installs
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures and tour-grade 17 gauge steel grille
- Comfortable ergonomic handles, ground-stacking provisions, and castor provisions (castor kit included)