Designed to be a modulation powerhouse, Synchronous from Propellerhead is a rack extension for Reason that offers four effects processors and three independent curves to create a wide range of effects including ambiances, pumping, stutter, and sweeps. Animate pads, wobble basses, or glitch-up samples. Draw complex modulation waveforms and assign them to the internal distortion, filter, delay, or reverb effects. Additionally, the curves can be routed simultaneously from the rear of Synchronous to any available device within the Reason rack, allowing for an even greater flexibility.
Note: Note: Rack Extensions are only available for single-user licenses. This means that if you are a school/institution and have a multi-license for Reason, you will not be able to try, purchase or install Rack Extensions.
- Interface and Controls
- The interactive display is where you draw the curves that drive Synchronous’ modulation effects. There are three independent curves that can target any mix of effect parameters.
- You draw the curves with the waveform tools. Pick a waveform, a resolution and start drawing. You can mix and match waveforms and resolutions within the same wave for even richer modulation options.
- For instant inspiration, load up any of the 100+ patches that comes packaged with Synchronous.
- Assign the curve to the desired effect parameter and set the amount. You can even let several curves control the same parameter.
- Distortion with four characters including Ring Modulation and Bit Crush.
- Multi-mode filter (low-pass, band-pass, high-pass and comb) with lag setting to smooth out filter modulation, if desired.
- Delay unit with roll and ping pong. Great for anything from rhythmic delays to stutter effects.
- Reverb unit that lets you modulate the reverb amount and decay times. You can switch between modulating the send amount or the return amount.
- Level for super-easy ducking effects, like the omnipresent pumping, four-on-the-floor sidechain ducking, simply let a curve control the output level from Synchronous.
- In cooperation with renowned sound designer Nucleus Soundlab, Synchronous comes with 100+ versatile modulation patches across categories such as Ambience, Pumping, Stutter, Sweeps and builds and more. Also included is a set of Combinator patches with instruments that make good use of Synchronous.
- Rack Routing
- Aside from driving the built-in effects, Synchronous modulation engine can of course be routed to just about anything using Reason’s control-voltage connectors on the back side of the Reason rack. Use one curve to control the distortion amount on a Scream 4 distortion unit added to an audio track. Use another curve to add motion to a pad in Parsec by modulating engine parameters.