The ADI-2 from RME is a compact and flexible two-channel analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter, providing conversion to and from S/PDIF, AES/EBU and ADAT. Balanced inputs and outputs and RME’s proprietary “SteadyClock” internal clocking help maintain signal quality throughout the unit.
A three-stage hardware input and output level control allows for accurately calibrating signal levels in the analog domain. The transformer-balanced coaxial SPDIF I/O has switchable “Channel Status” to make it fully AES/EBU compatible. The optical TOSLink I/Os can handle up to 192kHz and also serve as ADAT I/O with up to 96kHz sample rates.
The ADI-2 comes with an external power supply. The unit’s additional internal switching power supply has been specially designed and optimized for audio applications, and accepts any voltage from 7 to 30V, be it AC or DC, and even runs on regular batteries or rechargeable batteries.
- Two-channel, high performance A/D and D/A converter
- Handles digital signals in S/PDIF and AES/EBU, as well as ADAT formats
- Balanced analog inputs and outputs
- SteadyClock technology ensures the very best sound quality even with a jittery external clock
- Headphone output offers additional monitoring facilities
- Choice of three different settings for the input and output levels allows for making perfect adjustments in the analog domain
- Clearly laid out the front panel with a stereo, 6-LED level meter