RME’s ADI-4 DD is a highly cost-efficient AES to ADAT and ADAT to AES converter. The device basically consists of two converters – four AES-3 inputs (eight-channels) to double ADAT outputs and double ADAT inputs to four AES-3 outputs. Features include support for up to 96kHz sample rate and built-in jitter suppression.
The double ADAT ports enable full eight channel support from 32kHz up to 96kHz (S/MUX). The actual state of the incoming and outgoing signals and ongoing operations within the unit are easily monitored via multiple, clear LEDs. SyncCheck not only shows if an input signal is locked, but also if multiple inputs are in synchronous lock. Furthermore SyncAlign technology prevents accidental errors of +/- single-sample misalignment between the AES/EBU inputs.
The unit displays highly efficient jitter suppression that enables it to refresh and clean up any clock signal, and to provide the clock signal as reference clock at the word clock output. Additionally, Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will maintain the last sample rate detected as valid, in case of fault and loss of input signal. The ADI-4 DD is housed in a compact single height, half-rack space enclosure.
ADI-4 DD Applications
- AES/EBU front-end for RME’s digital I/O-cards that have ADAT optical I/O
- Eight-channel AES and ADAT I/O for all digital mixing desks with ADAT or AES ports
- Allows for operation of up to four seperate stereo S/PDIF or AES devices
- Converts between AES-3, S/PDIF and S/PDIF optical
- Removes jitter from AES-3 and ADAT signals
- Twenty-four LEDs clearly display the current status of the incoming and outgoing signals and the processing performed within the unit
- SyncCheck technology indicates whether the input signal is locked and whether all inputs are sychronized
- Convert between two digital formats
- The AES output signal can be given a consumer or professional status. The first AES output (channels 1/2) is also available as optical TosLink
- Provides highly efficient jitter reduction. Any clock signal can be improved and refreshed and subsequently be used as reference clock at the word clock output
- If more than eight channels are required, several units can be cascaded and synchronized sample-accurately via word clock
- An internal jumper allows for simple change of pin-out configuration for the AES 25-pin D-sub connector