The HDSP 9652 from RME is a digital I/O PCI card for use with both Windows and Mac OS based computers. It offers three sets of ADAT optical I/O, ADAT-Sync In, SPDIF I/O and word clock I/O. Also included are two MIDI inputs and outputs (for a total of thirty-two channel) and TotalMix, a DSP-based real-time software mixer/router.
A clear structured and easy to understand set-up window plus an informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, sample rate and time code make working with the HDSP 9652 a real pleasure. When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronized. RME’s SyncCheck function checks all input signals and displays their actual state.
A display of the time code at the ADAT Sync-In port offers a quick check of the communication between external device and the card. The HDSP 9652’s Secure BIOS Technology allows the user to perform hardware updates via software/drivers without any risk. And because of its “Zero CPU Load” technology the card provides high performance and low latency.
HDSP 9652 Features
- Fifty-two channel Input/Output PCI card
- Eight buffer size/latencies available
- ASIO zero CPU load technology when using ALL 52 channels
- Slave and master clock modes with automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT mode
- All settings changeable in realtime
- Includes DIGICheck, a software tool for measuring, analysis and testing of various functions of the data stream