The HDSP AES-32 from RME is a short-length PCI card with AES/EBU interfaces. It provides eight AES inputs (sixteen channels) and eight AES outputs (sixteen channels) at 192kHz sample rate. The card is also equipped with two MIDI I/O ports, Wordclock I/O and can be used with an optional TCO module for synchronization to LTC and video.
The Hammerfall main board contains the Wordclock I/O and a 25-pin D-sub connector that provides four AES inputs and four AES outputs (eight channels each) via a standard digital breakout cable that conforms to Tascam’s pinout. The Wordclock input operates on single, double and quad speed signals automatically.
The expansion board does not require an additional PCI slot and adds channels 9-16 and a connector for a MIDI breakout cable with two MIDI I/Os (four 5-pin DIN connectors.) The HDSP AES-32 is a perfect all-in-one solution for users in the fields of broadcast, TV, theater, stage/PA and in any professional studio.
HDSP AES-32 Features
- Thirty-two channel AES/EBU Input/Output PCI card set
- Eight buffer size/latencies available
- ASIO zero CPU load technology when using ALL channels
- Slave and master clock modes with automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free sub-mixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Input and output of Wordclock on BNC connectors
- Varipitch by input signal or Wordclock
- MIDI input and output via four 5-pin DIN jacks
- Includes DIGICheck, a software tool for measuring, analysis and testing of various functions of the data stream