The HDSPe AES-32 from RME is a short-length PCIe Express card with AES/EBU interfaces. It provides 8 AES inputs (16 channels) and 8 AES outputs (16 channels) at 192kHz sample rate. The card is also equipped with 2 MIDI I/O ports, Wordclock I/O and can be used with an optional TCO module for synchronization to LTC and video.
The main board contains the Wordclock I/O and a 25-pin D-sub connector that provides 4 AES inputs and 4 AES outputs (8 channels each) via a standard digital breakout cable that conforms to Tascam’s pinout. The Wordclock input operates on single, double and quad speed signals automatically. The expansion board does not require an additional PCI slot and adds channels 9-16 and a connector for a MIDI breakout cable with 2 MIDI I/Os (4 x 5-pin DIN connectors).
The card is not based on a PCI to PCI Express bridge, but is a genuine PCI Express solution, which takes full advantage of the format, providing significant performance gains in multi-track audio with lower latency over previous formats. The HDSPe AES-32 is a perfect all-in-one solution for users in the fields of broadcast, TV, theater, stage/PA and in any professional studio.
HDSPe AES-32 Features
- Short-length PCI Express card with AES/EBU interfaces
- 16 input channels and 16 output channels
- Support for 192kHz at full channel count
- Native support for Double and Quad Wire transfer with direct conversion between these formats
- 8 buffer size/latencies available
- SteadyClock for highest jitter suppression and clock regeneration
- ASIO zero CPU load technology when using ALL channels
- Slave and master clock modes with automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free sub-mixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Input and output of Wordclock on BNC connectors
- Varipitch by input signal or Wordclock
- MIDI input and output via four 5-pin DIN jacks
- TotalMix 512 channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- 48 level Peak/RMS meter, hardware-computed
- Includes DIGICheck, a software tool for measuring, analysis and testing of various functions of the data stream