The M-32 AD from RME is an extremely high-quality 32-channel A/D converter. It utilizes MADI (Multi-channel Audio Digital Interface) technology, which allows up to 64 channels of audio to flow freely without the shortcomings of multi-core cable-based digital audio technology. Not only does the M-32 AD provide pristine audio circuitry, the great converters, and RME’s famous SteadyClock technology, but the MADI protocol also enables incredibly long cable runs of over 1 mile (2000 meters)!
In order to put the M-32 AD to use, you need to have a computer with either an internal RME MADI card (such as the HDSP MADI), or an external RME MADI interface (like the HDSPe MADIface). If you’re setting up a system where you’ll need MADI D/A conversion on the other end, you can use the 32-channel M-32 DA or the 16-channel M-16 DA.
The additional MADI port on the rear of the M-32 AD facilitates stacking multiple units together, which makes it possible to take advantage of the full 64-channels that this system is capable of delivering. With that magnitude of power, combined with the ability to send these signals great distances, makes this system a powerful tool for a wide range of professional applications. Live location recording, recording studio facilities, and installed systems in stadiums and theaters can all benefit from the excellent caliber of sound quality that RME is known for and that the M-32 AD will provide.
M-32 AD Features
- 32-channel A/D converter, symmetrically designed in a 2 rack-space enclosure
- Utilizes MADI (Multi-channel Audio Digital Interface) technology which allows up to 64 channels of audio to flow freely without the shortcomings of multi-core cable-based digital audio technology
- Digital audio protocol enables cable runs of up 1.25 miles (2000 meters)
- Fully MIDI controllable by sending MIDI messages over the MADI connection
- During power on and power off, all noise is suppressed in the analog section
- Zero delay compensation is necessary when stacking multiple units
- 32 6-segment LED meters