The Warm Audio WA-412 provides four channels of classic American console preamps in a sleek 1RU design. This style of preamp is appreciated for its punchy low end and smooth open top end. Featuring fully discrete socketed 6-pin op-amps and custom-wound Altran USA input and output transformers, the WA-412 leaves nothing to be desired if you are looking for multiple channels of world class tone in an affordable package.
Discrete op-amp circuitry is known for its high headroom and low distortion characteristics, and has much to do with the coveted sound of these classic console preamps. Warm Audio’s input and output transformers are made in the USA by high-end transformer manufacturer, Altran. Warm worked closely with Altran to create unique transformers that extend the low frequency response of the design. These transformers also use a vintage winding technique that produces a distinct smooth and open character.
Carefully choosing the WA-412 components has resulted in an amazing four-channel ‘workhorse’ preamp/DI that performs at the highest levels, while still adding a touch of vintage console magic to your signal.
Warm Audio WA-412 Features
- 4 Channel Microphone Preamplifier + Instrument DI
- Fully discrete, transformer coupled, through-hole component topology
- Altran USA custom-wound, premium input and output transformers
- X520 discrete op-amp in every channel, socketed for convenience
- User-replacable op-amps with most 6 pin, discrete op-amps
- 65 dB of gain
- Inputs – Microphone XLR and Active Instrument 2 mOhm HI-Z
- Outputs – Transformer balanced XLR and TRS
- Input impedance switches from 600 ohms to 150 ohms
- -20db pad – pads both mic and instrument DI inputs
- +48 volt phantom power
- LED metering
- Output trim knob for precise level control and tone sculpting
- Internal power supply (grounded, 3-pin IEC cord)