A lot of preamps on the market do a good job of raising the volume of mics and instruments. Unfortunately, many pres are doing only that, raising volume. The “Super clean” designs of today often leave the signal exiting the preamp sounding much the same as it did entering it. If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will most definitely love the WA12 MKII. The Warm Audio WA12 MkII is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12 MKII.
Packed With Performance
The WA12 MKII is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier designed for high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and an exciting sonic performance – great for any and all types of recording applications. A high quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the elusive ‘larger than life’ sound, and the WA12 MKII is more than capable of delivering.
Warm Audio WA12 MkII Features
- Utilizes premium grade input and output USA CineMag transformers
- 71 dB of gain, fully discrete signal path
- Can be replaced with other 6-pin 2520 foot-print op-amps for varying tone/flavor
- TONE button – Switches the input impedance from 600 Ohms to 150 Ohms, changes the tone of both the microphone and HI-Z inputs
- 2-MOhm True HI-Z input on front panel, sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag transformers and the discrete op-amp
- Suitable for guitars, bass, keyboards, and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack
- Output attenuation control (after the CineMag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation
- LED meter gain indication
- External power plug